Workshop - Question Time
Handling questions at a conference presentation
No matter how well you prepare for your presentation, the part that freaks out most researchers is question time.
- What if there are no questions?
- What if they ask really tricky questions that I can’t answer?
- Worse, what if they ask really easy questions that I can’t answer?
- What do I do if I don’t know the answer?
- What do I do if I can’t understand the question?
- Topics will include:
- Preparing for questions
- Inviting questions
- Dealing with tricky questions
- What to do if you don’t know
- Coping with the anxiety
- Lists of typical questions
- Asking questions
Who is it for?
Researchers and research students who need to present their research and answer questions.