Workshop - Presenting Online
- In person, you may have given presentations, possibly to a class or your peers, perhaps a confirmation seminar, a mid-candidature review, or maybe even a conference presentation. However, presenting on-line is a whole different consideration. How do you continue to present effectively, when most times, you cannot see or hear your audience. You still need to engage them and gain their participation. You need to communicate skilfully and with conviction as well as maintain their attention when they have a myriad of tempting distractions.
This workshop will cover:
- Knowing your key message and making it relevant to your audience
- Preparing materials specifically for an on-line environment
- How to structure and link parts of your talk
- How to engage your audience and keep their attention throughout your presentation
- Using your webcam, what can your audience see
- Knowing the other tools available and when to use them
- How to handle questions
- Dealing with nervousness
- Presenting yourself effectively
Who is it for?
Anyone who has to present at a conference or give a seminar or a lecture on their area of expertise.