Masterclass - Turbocharge Your Writing
Getting your thesis/research finished (quicker!)
This course will teach you how to maximise your writing output and how to overcome common obstacles that reduce your writing productivity by:
- setting a goal and guaranteeing you achieve it
- producing double the number of words compared to your usual output
- get more written in two hours a day than in eight
- dealing with writer's block and procrastination
- not obsessing over the quality of writing
- not letting distractions get in the way of your writing
- not thinking your writing or research is good enough
- working well with your supervisor to improve your writing
- actually finishing your research on the date you set!
Who is it for?
Research higher degree (RHD) students who are in the writing intensive phase of their thesis and/or academic/research staff who wish to increase their writing productivity.
Each masterclass is run over two half days with the opportunity for participants to put their learning into practice between the two sessions. Following the masterclass, we provide email follow-up and support for three months.
This model is run over 6 half days across an eight month time period and provides ongoing and individualised strategic support in between sessions via email.
So that we can give individual attention to each participant, the maximum number of participants is set at 30 with two presenters and 15 with one presenter.
The companion book to this workshop is Turbocharge Your Writing.