Workshop - Supervising Research Students Flexibly
This on-line workshop provides advice and support for research supervisors who are now having to supervise more flexibly in response to changing circumstances. It will include strategies for:
- Maintaining the relationship – meetings/virtual meetings (frequency, length, structure, tools)
- Helping students with Plan B – dealing with interruptions to their research
- Contingency planning as levels change
- Responding to students’ concerns (personal, funding, time, access to data)
- Supporting students at different stages (new, mid-candidature and finishing)
- Mental health issues
- Looking after yourself
Who is it for?
Any research supervisor who is supervising a research student in an on-line format.