Workshop - The Strategic Researcher
Are you wanting to get a grant, but not sure how to approach it strategically? Or despite getting the grant and getting the research done, do you find it hard to achieve the publication outputs? And if you do publish, how strategic are you about it –do you just do the next paper on the list or do you think about which one will help with your next grant or be read by more people or have greatest impact?
Then in relation to the team you work in, are you being as productive as possible, for example using all team members or colleagues in a way that increases your publication output and theirs? And finally, do you use your limited resources (eg statisticians, senior researchers, editors etc) in the most effective way possible? This workshop is ideally suited for research teams, collaborators or co-authors, although all researchers will find it useful.
This workshop will look at:
- managing your time in a busy research environment
- publishing strategically
- linking publications to grants
- using the team (or others) to increase publication productivity
- keeping track of publications to increase motivation and accountability
- managing your publication “resources” for maximum output
- attributes of a successful (and highly productive) research leader/team.
Who is it for
Research teams, individual researchers and research team leaders.
2 - 3 hours