Workshop - Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Research Students
What do research higher degree (RHD) students do to finish on time, to overcome isolation, doubt and writer’s block, and to enjoy the process? And just as importantly what do they do in order to spend guilt-free time with their family and friends and perhaps even have holidays? If this sounds appealing, then this session will be of particular use to you.
This workshop describes the key habits that our research and experience with thousands of students shows will make a difference to how quickly and easily you complete your RHD. Just as importantly, these habits can greatly reduce the stress and increase the pleasure involved in completing a RHD.
The workshop helps you to understand how to increase your effectiveness and outcomes in the following key areas:
- how you deal with your supervisor
- how you structure your study time
- your attitude (or lack thereof!) in relation to your research
- dealing with writer’s block or having difficulty writing
- getting the help you need when you are stuck
- juggling multiple commitments and never having enough time
- keeping on going when the going gets tough
Who is it for?
Research students at any point in their candidature.
2½ hours for an unlimited number of participants.
The companion book to this workshop is The Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Research Students.