Masterclass - Research Supervision
This masterclass is aimed at experienced supervisors. It will look at how to help both the supervisor and the student get the most out of the post-graduate research experience. It draws on the facilitator's experience of working with thousands of research students and research supervisors across the world and there is also the opportunity for supervisors to share their experiences of what works and what doesn't.
It will cover issues such as:
- Dealing with different types of students
- Getting students to write
- Getting students to show you their writing
- Giving constructive feedback
- Students who write too much
- Students for whom English is not their first language
- Motivating stalled students
- Problem situations
Who is it for?
Experienced research supervisors who want to update their practice and share supervisory approaches.
2½ hours for an unlimited number of participants.