Workshop - How to Plan Your PhD
A PhD is a major undertaking yet many people spend more time planning a weekend away than they do planning the next three years of their life. This generally leads to missing deadlines, running overtime, regular crises and lots of stress. If you want to finish on time and enjoy the process along the way then it is important to have a good plan.
You need some very specific skills and tools to plan a PhD. This workshop will introduce you to the PhD Planning Toolkit. You will learn how to use these tools to:
- create your big picture thesis plan
- unpack your thesis down into logical parts
- create tasks lists for each stage of your thesis
- estimate times and schedule tasks
- create a Gantt chart for your thesis
- keep on track as you implement your plan
- plan your writing
- manage the finances
- identify risks and deal with setbacks
At the end of the workshop you will have your own PhD Planning Toolkit and know how to use it to plan your PhD.
Who it is for?
PhD candidates in early to mid-candidature.
The companion book for this workshop is Planning Your PhD: All the tools and advice you need to finish your PhD in three years