Workshop - Creating the Seven Secrets
of highly successful research students (for supervisors)
You know what your research higher degree (RHD) student should be doing, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. Despite your best efforts to set up good habits for your student, it does not work. Why is this, and what can you do to make completing a RHD easier for your students and for you?
Students attending the seven secrets workshop have consistently reported a marked improvement in their progress towards completing their RHD. Now they have asked us to please tell their supervisors the same things!
This course gives you practical strategies to deal with common problems such as:
- supervisor/student relations
- dealing with writer’s block
- attitude (or lack thereof!) in relation to the RHD – it’s not a Nobel prize
- getting your student to seek help when they are stuck
- the student who never has enough time
- treating the RHD like a job
- keeping on going when the going gets tough
Who is it for?
Supervisors of research students at any point in their candidature.
2½ hours for an unlimited number of participants.
The companion book to this workshop is The Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Research Students.